You know, if there was some tactful way to tell my old roommate "Christy, I am SOOO glad you decided to move out and make me find a new place because I am infinitely happier now" I would, because I am genuinely thrilled with my new apartment.
I live on the third floor of a spacious, relatively well kept house. There are supposedly 5 housemates but so far only 2 or 3 of us have ever been here at the same time. And I like my housemates a lot. Billy is just amusing, even though the first thing he did when my friend Christian walked up to the house was ask if he smoked weed.;-) But so far his partying has all been outside the house, and he's like overly anxious to be all respectful and everything of all us Grad students/working people who have real responsibility. As opposed to him - he has an internship for the summer with a beer company going to bars and taking pictures of people drinking. Zac is a well-traveled Brown med student orignially from Australia and then from Madison Wisconsin.
And then the newest housemate, Anne, arrived yesterday evening. My first chance to talk with her was this evening. First off, I love the way she spells her name. Then as I poked my head in to say hello we just kind of naturaly fell into conversation. I thought "Wow, this girl is cool. i can totally be myself around her." She went to NYU, and she even dates a computer geek and everything. ;-) And then, part way into the conversation, guess what I discover? She's from Arkansas. DUDE!!! No wonder I get along with her!!!
Er, well, um, actually there is the minor little detail that no proper true blood Missourian would claim *ANY* association with Arkansas beyond redneck jokes. To put it in perspective, Missourians joke about Arkansas the way New Yorkers joke about New Jersey. But then again, Anne did say that she really didn't want to go back to Arkansas, but she's "All about Iowa". :-D
Yeah, she's my kind of girl.
(Never mind that Missourians make fun of Iowa too - "Idiots Out Wandering Around" we say when seeing an IOWA license plate.)
But as I think i have connected wirelessly to somebody else's network that lives in a surrounding house, I am going to post this before I get kicked off.
Tuesday, June 08, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment