Last night I went out to dinner with a friend, and as we were walking to the subway stop afterwards we suddenly realized, "Hey, that's Bloomingdale's!" Being two girls, of course, there was clearly nothing to do but walk in.
Yeesh! What must it be like to be one of those people who shop at places like that on a regular basis? It had a very strange feel to it, like ritzy boutique meets department store. Probably it was the space thing. You can tell how expensive a clothes store is by how closely packed their product is. The more expensive the store, the more space in the aisles, the fewer items on a given rack. Department stores are generally pretty packed but Bloomingdale's had the same sort of spaciousness that I've experienced at, um, the Banana Republic in Providence Place is the only thing that comes to mind. Sorry not much of ritzy shopper. ;-) But they had on sale freaking diamond picture frames!!!! Yeesh!
Working in New York is definitely a unique experience. I just wish I made a little more money so I could taste more of the pleasures as it were, since *everything* in New York is expensive. Unless you're buying it from a vendor on the street who wheels it in every morning, of course . . .
Friday, October 29, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment