I'm an aunt! Again! And it's another nephew!!
But it's the first time we've done the whole pregnancy thing. "We" of course being a bit of stretch since I obviously had nothing to do with the whole pregnancy . . . despite my sister Andrea telling me that little Alex looked just like me because he had my flat eyebrows and dimpled chin. I had to remind her that lots of people in our family have the dimpled chin; we call "the Luth chin" because it's a dominant trait from my Mom's family, the Luths. Andrea however pointed out that I'm the only Sander girl to have inherited the Luth chin, a fact I hadn't ever thought about. But then the flat eyebrows, she admitted, could belong to Alex's father. ;-)
But yeah, I'm pysched! My nephew Noah (adopted from China) is adorable, but there's something about a brand new baby that just really brings out the maternal "oooh, ahhh, I want to hold him!!!" instinct - particularly since I'm a thousand miles away and missing out on all the family fun on this one. :-( I won't see little Alexander Carl until June. :-( My Mom, Dad, Grandma, and sister Andrea were all at the hospital when he was borng . . . they had to do an unplanned C-Section. "Little" Alex was 10 pounds 6 ounces when he was born last night - the size of a two month old!!!! Imagine that in your stomach - ouch!!
*sigh* Since Noah came around my family has been getting together as a group more often; it used to be we rarely got everyone together in the same room at the same time (a fact of life with 7 people with busy lives) but it seems that the grandchild - and now grandkids - are making people make the effort.
*shakes it off* but just focus on the good stuff. Like the adorable little baby in the family! You didn't think I'd not post pictures did you? Let's see if I can get this bloggerbot to work . . .
Monday, April 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment