My Yellow Polka Dot Bikini is Blue
And it's not a bikini, it's a kick ass cocktail dress.
Okay, so you know the song I'm referencing I'll assume. And you might recall this Danon yogurt commercial where this woman has a yellow polka dot bikini hanging in her room. And as the seasons turn outside her window, she keeps walking in looking at it while eating yogurt. And at the end she heads for the beach in her bikini - the point being that she lost weight eating yogurt instead of ice cream. The bikini was there as her inspiration through the winter to keep losing weight.
Incidentally, much of what I said wasn't actually made explicit in the commercial - they did a good job of playing to the collective feminine knowledge!
But anyway, today I went shoe shopping around Moberly, and one of the places I went to was Stage. I browsed through their clothes section, and found this dark turquoise blue cocktail dress for 80% off. I tried it on and it actually fit, technically, although I need to lose the tummy pouch to really get away with wearing it in public. But since it was only $12, I decided this was my new inspiration dress. I bought it and it's hanging in plain view to remind me of my 10-15 pound goal. It already stopped me from having ice cream today. :-)
I had a couple other good finds - two pairs of slacks for work over the summer for $13 a piece (another steal) and a few pairs of shoes at less of a steal, including a pair of Sketchers. My knees have really been acting up of late, so I decided I really have to start wearing better quality shoes. Sort of. I'm still adjusting to it. I bought the Sketchers at Stage, but then I also bought cheap Payless shoes . . . but I bought lots of insoles for them!!
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment